Here's an offering of guided meditations lasting from 5 to 45 minutes:
Weekly Meditation Group at SF Insight
I lead a drop-in Insight meditation group at San Francisco Insight, every Wednesday evening from 7-9pm at the Unitarian Church in San Francisco: 1187 Franklin Street (between Geary and O'Farrell.) The group begins with guided meditation, followed by a dharma talk and discussion. All are welcome.
Click here for more information.
June 30, 2018
The Human Journey: Walking the Spiritual Path
at Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre
We live in these increasingly fraught and divisive times. What is needed to meet the profound challenges of climate change, economic disparity, and entrenched systems of racism, misogyny and oppression with clarity, integrity and kindness? When we come to see life through the lens of spiritual unfoldment, we have the opportunity to meet the wounds—within ourselves, among each other, and in the broader world—with a heart-mind wide enough and deep enough to help us heal toward wholeness.
This day-long workshop will use stories from the life of the Buddha, Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey and the myth of Inanna as context to discover the shape and direction of our own journey. We will explore five universal aspects of the spiritual path, including:
- The Call- how to listen deeply and respond to what we care about most deeply?
- The Departure- what is needed to step from the known into the unknown?
- The Struggle- how can we meet the inevitable difficulties we face with skill and kindness?
- The Awakening- what does it take to see our life and the life of the world with new eyes?
- The Return- what are the unique gifts we want to offer the world?
Our day together will weave dharma talks, guided meditation, reflection, interactive exercises and ritual. This process invites you to view your life through the lens of spiritual unfoldment, and inspires your ability to wholeheartedly engage our individual and collective struggles with skill, compassion and generosity. You will leave with a map of your own spiritual path and aspirations, and new insights and practices for navigating the difficulties we share.
More information on how to register coming soon. You may email Renee at email@example.com if you'd like to be notified that registration has begun.
August 15-19, 2018
Insight Meditation Retreat at IRC
with Andrea Fella
A silent mindfulness retreat with alternating sitting and walking meditation, instruction, dharma talks, work meditation, and practice discussion with the teachers. Suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
- Note: Your application and $100 deposit must by received by 5/6/18 to be entered into the lottery. Applicants will be notified in late May if they have been Accepted or are on the Waiting List. Subsequent applications will be added to the Waiting List.
- Questions: Contact the Registrar (email preferred), Sandra Sanabria, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-767-9820
Talks by year:
Talks by topic:
The Hero's Journey & Life of the Buddha
Mindfulness and Listening
The Eighthfold Noble Path
Self and Non-Self
The Brahma Viharas
The Four Noble Truths
Cultivating the Paramitas
The Three Characteristics
The Five Spiritual Faculties
In an old Zen story
A student comes to visit his
dying teacher. The student asks:
"What is the teaching of your entire lifetime?" The teacher replies:
"An Appropriate Response."